Friday, January 16, 2009

YES MAN: SAY YES WHEN YOUR HEART TELLS YOU TO!!

Hello my dear readers!!!

This week I want to talk to you about a movie named "Yes Man" which stars Jim Carrey. At first, I thought it was one of the movies that you go, watch, laugh and then forget about the other day. However, as I try to get a message out of every movie, later on I understood that this movie bore a message of its own, too. Jim Carrey is the most significant element that makes the movie good. Besides him, the cast also includes Terrence Stamp and Zooey Deschanel. The movie is adapted from a book of the same name by British humourist Danny Wallace. The movie was directed by Peyton Reed.

Carl Allen (Jim Carrey) is a man who is going through depression after divorcing from his wife. Although his friends are eager to help him, he always ignores them and their requests. One day, he forgets his best friend Pete's engagement party. After that, he bumps into Nick, a friend of his, and he convinces Carl to go to an inspirational seminar in which a sort of guru named Terrence Bundley (Terrence Stamp) tells people to say "Yes" to everything. After going to the seminar, Carl starts to say "Yes" to everything not to break the rules of a deal he made with Terrence. At the beginning, everything goes perfectly and Carl manages to put his life in order but later, things start to go badly like before. At this point, he understands what Terrence really meant by saying "Yes" to everything. This way, he finds happiness which he has been longing for.

In short, if you like movies which make you laugh and make you think about your own life at the same time; you should go see this one, you will like it!



3 comments:

celine said...

your format is getting predictable and...a bit boring. id there any way to stick with being consistent without being predictable??

keep posting regularly.

Hamdi Soysal said...

First of all, thanks for your comment Ms. Clark. Secondly, in terms of format, as you told us at the beginning of blogging, I tried to shorten the information about the movies' plot and I try to give as less spoilers as I can. I add my own comments about the movie, too. I know each week's post resembles the previous week's post very much but I couldn't think of any way to make it more unpredictable, can you give me some advice to make it better? Thanks again.

Orhun Gural said...

I watched the film last weekend. It wasn't bad but wasn't good either. There were some funny scenes and some of the messages thay it was giving were important.